As savvy communicators and marketers, we’re always looking for new tools and tactics to refine our plans and enhance our impact. Our Network and Nosh Breakfast event on November 13th at Bluespire Marketing provided several new planning and delivery tactics to add to our toolkit.
Our presenters for this event were: Virginia Kafer, Healthcare Strategy Director from Bluespire Marketing; and Missy Voronyak, Director of Social Media and Influencer Engagement at W2O Group.
The Patient Journey
Virginia offered a great presentation titled, The Patient Journey, which included the formal sequence of events a healthcare consumer takes from diagnosis to treatment.
She also covered the strategic framework to deliver more personalized messages and effectively manage delivery channels to impact your audience at various points along their decision-making process.
Key take-aways from Virginia's presentation were:
- Understand generational traits consumers possess in accessing and consuming information
- Develop a thorough persona for your target audience
- Overlay an empathy map to understand the emotional highs and lows over the course of the decision process
- Develop a robust tactical plan to deliver targeted messages to your targets
- Utilize marketing automation and drip campaigns to deliver messages and influence decisions
Influencer Identification and Activation
Missy’s presentation, Influencer Identification and Activation provided a great overview of the benefits and process to initiate an influencer campaign.
Judging by the audience response, not many of our attendees have utilized this strategy in healthcare, but many are giving it strong consideration.
Key take-aways from Missy's presentation were:
- Identify the right influencers for your initiative
- Determine the topics that resonate with influencers
- Initiate and build relationships
- Create opportunities for influencers to interact with your brand, product or idea
- Develop campaigns to amplify influencers messages and content
Virginia and Missy are clearly experts in these areas and would be excellent resources if these strategies fit your 2019 campaign plans.
Look for more Network and Nosh networking events from MHSCN in early 2019.
MHSCN president-elect, 2018