MHSCN is in the beginning stages of planning its fall 2015 annual conference that will be co-sponsored with WHPRMS (Wisconsin Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing Society). This year, the conference will be held from Sep 30th – Oct 2nd in Wisconsin. When healthcare strategy and market development professionals from around the mid-west gather at this annual conference they will be looking for innovative strategies, cutting-edge ideas, new concepts, and best practices approaches to their business. If you can offer this type of expertise, we want you to be part of our faculty. Share your insights, experience and expertise with your peers, while increasing your visibility and enhancing your professional growth. See the attached Call for Proposal for full submission details. All submissions must be in by March 3, 2015
February 20, 2015 for consideration. Thanks for your interest!
**EXTENSION: The call for speakers has been extended to March 3rd!
- You can choose to participate in one or more of the following ways as a:
- Solo speaker or dual presenter for a concurrent session
- Luncheon Networking Leader
Speakers are expected to provide an executive summary or outline, as well as an electronic version of supporting handouts. Selected speakers for the fall conference must agree to allow supporting handouts to be included in the conference proceedings as well as posted on the MHSCN and WHPRMS and websites.
Education Committees from both organizations will review proposals. Proposal selection is based on the following criteria:
– Originality of material/uniqueness
– Topic alignment with membership interest
– Timeliness of information
– Ease of implementing ideas presented
– Level of sophistication
– Specific learning objectives
– Practical application of materials
– Speaker qualifications
Vendors and consultants MAY be asked to include a provider-based co-speaker if their session is selected. Here is a list of presentation topics the membership has shown interest in over the past year. Please do no limit your proposal to the areas below, but if you have expertise in one of more of the areas we encourage you to submit a proposal.
- Staying creative while under compliance
- Balancing privacy and convenience
- DIY Healthcare
- Putting a price on positive outcomes
- Engaging Millennials
- Crisis Communications
- Mobile marketing – platforms/technology and implementation
- Unexpected Social media strategies in healthcare
- Patient engagement for wellness and preventative care
- ACO’s success, challenges, insurer’s perspectives
- Unlikely partnerships that work
- Trends in purchasing health care
- Healthcare systems & physician promotion
- Transparency tools for tracking patient & physician data- Case studies/Comparisons
- Physician relations and marketing working together
- PR/MarComm case studies
- How to be a storyteller not a marketer
NOTE: We are also looking for Discussion leaders for our roundtable luncheon networking event. If you have an area of interest and would like to be a moderator for that topic at our annual conference during our networking lunch, please submit your idea.
Please contact Meghan Massey (WHPRMSspeakers@bvk.com) if you have any questions.